Partner Kevin P. McDonough specializes in commercial and civil litigation, real estate, zoning and land use law and higher education law.
Mr. McDonough represents clients in significant matters at the trial and appellate levels in federal, state and local courts, including contract, corporate governance, employment, discrimination, and leasing and land use disputes.
For nearly twenty-five years, he has served as legal counsel to many private corporations, family businesses, and healthcare, educational, religious and not-for-profit institutions in the New York metropolitan area.
Mr. McDonough has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including the acquisition and sale of industrial, commercial, retail, multi-family, residential and office properties, and in traditional and complex retail and office lease transactions. He also handles all types and aspects of zoning and land use matters, including zoning changes, subdivisions, site plans, special permits and variances.
Prior to joining Spellman Rice, Mr. McDonough was a partner with the law firm of Bennett Rice & Schure in Rockville Centre, New York. He began his legal career in 1988 with the New York City office of White & Case as an associate in the litigation and real estate departments.
Mr. McDonough is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level in professional excellence.
- All New York State Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Magistrate’s Association
- Nassau County Magistrate’s Association
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- State University of New York at Albany, B.S. Marketing
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, M.B.A., Finance
- Fordham University Law School, J.D.
- Village Justice for the Village of Rockville Centre since 2009
- Chair of the Real Estate Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Volunteer Counsel to the Rockville Centre St. Patrick’s Parade Committee
- Past President of the Board of Directors of the Rockville Centre Friends of Senior Services, Inc.
- Past President of the Rockville Centre Kiwanis Club
- Former Rockville Centre Deputy Village Prosecutor
- Four years active duty in the U.S. Army, attaining the rank of Captain